Presentations can be targeted toward, but not limited to the following audiences:
Click on Patient Perspective Consulting for more information and other topics in healthcare.
“Beyond The Medical Chart: Empathy in Patient Care”
Rarely are healthcare professionals given the opportunity to truly ponder a crucial aspect of patient care; the truth behind what it feels like to lie in a hospital bed, vulnerable, disoriented, and stripped of every basic human dignity. I have spent nearly 300 days as a patient in hospitals and more than three decades in and out of doctor’s offices and testing facilities. As a ‘professional patient’, I offer a unique glimpse into the patient experience.
“This should be mandatory for all employees in healthcare from environmental to RNs, Administration and CEO” *
“Best presenter yet, very funny and applicable. Healthcare needs presentations like this” *
*Quotes taken directly from Presence Our Lady of the Resurrection CME Program Evaluation
“Your presentation was balanced, informative, and inspiring…… You are a treasure!” – Susan Kovarik, RN, BSN, CCRN, CVRN
“The audience loved her….her message will truly impact the work they do every day.”-Laura Concannon MD, FACP
” An amazing presenter……. absolutely the best message that we could have had for our sales team. Thank you so much for inspiring all of us to remember the patient behind the sale.”- Doug Bohrer, Vice President, ConvaTec
“Outstanding job… an awe-inspiring set of messages with grace, poise and humor!” – Catherine Kapferer Director of Sales Training & Development, ConvaTec
“Facing Hurdles with Humor, Hope, and Perspective”
Everyone encounters obstacles in life. I’ve personally faced: living with a chronic disease for 32 years, enduring a 218-Day hospitalization, and having my bare face rejected by the Facebook Ad Team. By sharing my experiences through engaging storytelling, audiences are left inspired to tackle their personal hurdles.
“As she spoke, all 1300 people sat riveted on the edge of their seats. …. She is a wonderful teacher and source of hope.”-Rabbi Evan Moffic
“ From laughter to tears to laughter, she left our audience of 400 plus business leaders, celebrities and philanthropists all motivated …” Amy Hewitt- Executive Director of the Scleroderma Research Foundation
Click on Educational Workshops for more information
“ The teachers and students were asking her to return before she even left the room…. If you are looking for a personal and meaningful approach to teaching kindness, Lisa is definitely the place to start.” –Erin Kranz, Teacher at Glen Grove Elementary School, Glenview, IL.
Past Speaking Engagements
- September 2013: “Exploring the Role That Empathy Plays in Patient Care” – Grand Rounds, Saint Francis Hospital, Evanston, Illinois
- December 2013: “Giving Credence to the Patient Perspective” – Grand Rounds, Our Lady of the Resurrection, Chicago, Illinois
- March 2015: “After the Mistake: Patient Safety Starts When We Stop Hiding Medical Error and Start Examining It” – Connecticut Hospital Association’s Patient Safety Summit, Wallingford, Connecticut
- April 2015: “Thriving With Scleroderma”– Scleroderma Foundation Patient Education Day, Naperville, Illinois
- October 2015: Patient Representative/Speaker for Scleroderma Advocacy Day, Washington, D.C,
- October 2015: “Does This Hospital Gown Come With Sequins?” –CORBETT Healthcare Communication Corporation – Chicago, Illinois Live interactive video stream with their New York and San Francisco offices
- October 2015: Speaker/Award Recipient of Convatec’s “Great Comebacks” Award: Spoke to several hundred wound care specialists La Crosse, Wisconsin
- November 2015: “Through the Eyes of a Patient: Honoring the Patient Perspective and Providing Optimal Outcomes” Nursing Learning Series, DePaul School of Nursing, Chicago, Illinois
- June 2016: Not Just Surviving, but Thriving with Scleroderma – Introduction by Bob Saget, Scleroderma Research Foundation Benefit, San Francisco, California
- November 2016: Navigating the Healthcare System – A Patient’s Perspective- Patient-to-Patient Symposium, Los Angeles, California
- December 2016: Embracing Differences and Choosing Kindness, Glen Grove Elementary School, Glenview, IL.
- January 30, 2017: Beyond the Sales Pitch: Enhancing Sales with Patient Stories Keynote speaker for ConvaTec’s National Sales Force Convention, Orlando, Florida
- May 2017: Empathy in Healthcare – Guest Speaker for Hospital Week, Presence Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago, IL.
- May 2017: Beyond Bags and Gauze: The True Impact of a WOCN – Keynote speaker at ConvaTec’s WOCN Appreciation event (49th Annual WOCN National Conference), Salt Lake City, Utah
- June 2017: PTSD: When Care Providers Need to Seek Care – Guest Speaker for Annual Research Day, Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center, Chicago, IL.
- June 2017: Creating Positive Experiences for All Campers– Guest Speaker at Staff Orientation, Discovery Day Camp, Indian Creek, IL.
- September 2017: Blending the Art and Science of Medicine-Guest Lecturer for Grand Rounds, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL.
- November 2017: Empathy in Nursing– Guest Speaker for Psi Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Resurrection University, Chicago, IL.
- November 2017: Be the Author of Your Own Life Story- Keynote Opening Speaker for Montana Youth in Transitions, Billings, Montana
- November 2017: Walking the Parenting Tightrope; Knowing When to Let Go and When to Hold On– Breakout Session Facilitator for Montana Youth in Transitions, Billings, Montana
- January 2018: Treating the Patient, Not the Disease, Grand Rounds, Saint Francis Hospital, Evanston, IL.
- June 2018: Embracing All Campers, Opening Speaker for Staff Orientation, JCC Camping, Chicago, IL.
- March 2019: After the Error: Patient Safety Starts When We Stop Hiding Medical Error and Start Examining It, keynote speaker for Huntsville Hospital System Patient Safety Summit, Huntsville, Alabama
For more information, email Lisa at: email@example.com