It’s Go Time! We Just Launched The Face Off For Scleroderma Campaign! Please Join Us!
Welcome to the Face Off For Scleroderma Information page.
Directions For Participating in the Face Off for Scleroderma Campaign:
- Take a selfie of yourself without any makeup on (girls,boys, and men you are encouraged to participate).
- To learn more about how this campaign started after the Facebook Ad Team rejected an ad featuring my bare face, click here.
- Scroll down this page to find the details on how to make a donation, if you have the means to do so. This is OPTIONAL (though all donations to SRF and SF are truly appreciated). I know not everyone can afford a donation. I don’t want finances to get in the way of joining this campaign.
- Copy and paste the message below (only the text that is underlined should be copied and pasted) with a picture of your bare face (no make up) on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media that I don’t even know exists. If you do all 3, that will give the campaign the most “points “ for the hashtag. Make sure to include your bare-faced selfie with the following message:
#sclerodermaselfies I’m going bare for scleroderma in honor of the more than 400,000 patients who suffer from this rare disease. I nominate (tag a friend), (tag a friend) and (tag a friend) to take their face off for scleroderma and keep the chain going by nominating three more friends. Go to www.comfortableinmythickskin.com to make a donation (optional), learn more about the campaign, and the bare face that started it all.
* We want everyone to participate; men and kids’ bare selfies send the same important message! Anyone not comfortable posting a bare selfie is still encouraged to join in. We want to show that ALL faces have a place on Facebook.
PLEASE READ THE CRUCIAL INFORMATION BELOW
*Cutting and pasting the above underlined information is CRITICAL! I’ve seen many lovely variations/ interpretations of #sclerodermaselfies in the last 8 days. Unfortunately, if you don’t cut and paste the underlined verbage above, the campaign will lose momentum. PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOMINATE AND TAG MORE PEOPLE, INSTEAD OF LEAVING THE TEXT “(tag a friend)” AS-IS. I laugh every time I see this, because this is a mistake I would make!
*When possible, please nominate friends who are not in your same location/ friends who don’t know me personally. For example, my wonderful little brother (I adore you – don’t be mad at me for calling you out on this) who lives in Texas, nominated my mom, our other brother, and our cousin. I love you little bro, but those nominations are not gonna help us spread this campaign :).
If you have the means,please make a Donation For Faceoff For Scleroderma
Click here to donate to the Scleroderma Research Foundation. Their mission is to raise funds for research which will lead to a cure. OR……. Click here to donate to the Scleroderma Foundation. Their mission is to provide support for patients, educate the public, and research for a cure.
*If you have the means, and are feeling generous, please consider donating to both foundations.
My message to you 7 days after our launch.
To learn more about our launch party and the days that followed, click here.
To see a clip of me speaking about my life with scleroderma, click here: https://youtu.be/IThIaW02dRY
To learn more about my personal story, please consider purchasing my memoir, Does This Hopital Gown Come With Sequins? (and Other Questions I Asked During My 218-Day Hospital Stay)
I will be donating a portion of all book sales to the Scleroderma Foundation and the Scleroderma Research Foundation.